Sunday, June 3, 2007

la aventura continua...

June 3, 2007

My dear friends and family,

Buenas noches! I hope and pray that you are all well. Cassidy and I have arrived safely in Honduras and have been living quite an adventure for the past four days. The Finca truly is a labor of love, and we have been immediately welcomed into the community by everyone here. I am in awe of the beauty of this place- the lush, green mountains, the Carribbean literally 20 yards from our front door, the posas and cascadas.

I cannot even begin to describe what life here has been like, and I don't think I should really try in such limited internet time... but I am in awe of the goodness of it all. My constant wrestling with the Spanish language... the beauty of the heights of the mountains... celebrating mass with the mountain community in Buena Vista... swimming in the posas... these moments of grace remind me of my smallness, that this existence is not my own. I have already been challenged in so many ways, and I know there is so much more yet to come... yet I also feel God's grace being poured out on me, and I know that it is only through Him- seriously- that I can do anything this summer.

Thank you for your emails, your prayers and your love. My email connection is sketchy and time is limited, but I will write more and with good stories when I can :) Until then, know that I carry you all in my prayers and my heart.

la esperanza y la alegria,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment